Thread: MobileRead May 2010 Book Club Nominations
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 12:54 AM   #75
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Actually, WE did not agree that it has to be a US public domain book. I know I never agreed. I wanted a modern classic like The Hobbit (for example).
Jon... you never agree with anybody though.

The Hobbit is certainly not out of copyright. It was published in 1966 and renewed in 1994 which means it remains in copyright in the US until 2061.

Rather than argue about if a book is a "modern classic" we are going with the simple definition that I posted in the OP. It makes things a might easier. I'm sure you for one can appreciate clear cut rules.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote