View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 12:01 PM   #8
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by EileenG View Post
True, but you already have "might be" in the line, which indicates that it it might or might not be. "could be in fact one of the fastest, if not the fastest" is overkill. More words, without any increase in content or clarity. The "in fact" should be deleted as it implies certainty which you do not have.

If it's for a non-fiction essay, it might be worth finding out if it really is the fastest. http://www.thesupercars.org/fastest-...d-top-10-list/
Well its not fastest, and its not car, but it would take a lot more setup to put the real sentence in so I changed out the "fastest" and "car" to make it simpler. In the real sentence is more subjective.

I think I might just go with your sentence though now that I think about it more. Simpler is better most times.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote