Thread: Android [WIP] Overclocking the PE
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 08:44 PM   #15
plasticarmyman
plasticarmyman began at the beginning.

Device: Cruz Reader 101
oh, about the uot kitchen...

this is how you can go about themeing with it...

unzip the allmine.zip into a folder (let's call it allmine from now on) and find the framework-res.apk...i think it is in system2...upload it to the uot kitchen and then proceed to do the mods you would like to do...

place the modded framework-res.apk back into the folder you found it and then use winrar or winzip or 7zip or whatever you use to compress all the folders back into an update.zip again...the trick here is to use the lowest compression choice...in winrar you have the option to go as low as "store"...that is what i use...and then proceed to flash it over as you would any other update zip...

this should not brick your device in any way..it may modify it and make the tablet side unusable (by changing the size of certain things they may not fit the screen after the modding)...but you should be able to revert back to stock allmine just as easily...

i have not tried this, but the UOT kitchen is the best rom kitchen out there and i have used it for multiple Android devices without problem...

but anything that happens to your PE is not my fault...if you choose to modify the framework-res.apk...then it's your fault not mine...i hold no responsiblilty for your actions..or mine to be honest....
plasticarmyman is offline   Reply With Quote