View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #137
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
My question is mainly directed toward members who now own a front-lit e-ink reader, but please feel free to jump in if you do not meet this qualification.

Would you ever buy another e-ink device that does not have this front-lit capability
Maybe. I have a shiny new Kindle PW (SO WiFi) that I bought to replace my dying K3 (3G). I didn't particularly buy it for the light, although that's a minor plus. I bought it for the reported faster response times, which it has. My suspicion is that the microprocessor and video controller have TWO mice on little wheels in them, as opposed to only one on the older generations*. The smaller size and lighter weight (due to the loss of the keyboard) was also a good thing.

If the price difference between the stock Kindle and the PW had been a little more, I'd have gone for the stock. The added features of the PW made the price difference just worth it.

Regards,
Jack Tingle

*IIRC the K1-K3 used a Dragon Ball processor! WTF? A Dragon Ball? Really? Did they come jumbled in big crates like Eastman Gelatin used to transport pig snouts?
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote