View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 05:15 PM   #258
CallOfCth'reader
Cultist
CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo, Kobo Forma, Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by John the Miner View Post
I would have thought all the "proofreaders" around the joint would have jumped on that one right from the word "go".
But, being a professional proofreader with about 50 years' experience, what would I know?
I really am confused about what you are trying to achieve with your posts in this thread. The general theme seems to be that the original release of LoTR had errors in, that shouldn't have happened in such a long awaited text; the final text should have been proof read by a professional.

You seem to be advocating that it shouldn't have been proofread at all, because 'modern' internet-speak has done away accepted grammatical rules and/or spelling.

I've obviously missed something, but you haven't gone out of your way to present a clear message.
CallOfCth'reader is offline   Reply With Quote