View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 06:00 AM   #1721
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
On sale again today as part of the US Kindle Daily Deal at $2.99, matched and coupon/VIPable at Kobo US. @j.p.s's Kindle link below is still good.

Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/a-b...o-ever-lived-1

Spoiler:
Quote:
National Book Critics Circle Award—2017 Nonfiction Finalist

“Nothing less than a tour de force—a heady amalgam of science, history, a little bit of anthropology and plenty of nuanced, captivating storytelling.”—The New York Times Book Review, Editor's Choice

A National Geographic Best Book of 2017

In our unique genomes, every one of us carries the story of our species—births, deaths, disease, war, famine, migration, and a lot of sex. But those stories have always been locked away—until now. Who are our ancestors? Where did they come from? Geneticists have suddenly become historians, and the hard evidence in our DNA has blown the lid off what we thought we knew. Acclaimed science writer Adam Rutherford explains exactly how genomics is completely rewriting the human story—from 100,000 years ago to the present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
$2.40 today only
A Brief History of Everyone Who Ever Lived: The Human Story Retold Through Our Genes
by Adam Rutherford
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XP9Z5TS/

I haven't read it yet, but I will probably let it jump to very near the top of my TBR stack.

If you think this book isn't for you, I suggest doing at least a little research about it.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote