View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 08:33 AM   #3
ATimson
Evangelist
ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I didn't get a chance to take a look at my copy yet, but often with ebooks a cover isn't included because they didn't get ebook cover rights from the artist. Presumably because it costs more money they don't feel like paying.
They claim that that's the case, and I could even understand that for older titles where they'd have to negotiate again to use the art. But there's no excuse for that on new titles.

Given Tor's problems with getting covers in the files for the Wheel of Time books - which had covers specifically commissioned for the ebooks - unless there's an explicit statement that they were too cheap to pay for the cover art on a new book, "publisher laziness" is my default understanding of what happened.
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote