Thread: CM7 Backup
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 06:16 PM   #15
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
No, I think you have to put it on a card that is the same size or larger.

Dave is saying that if you put a 4 GB image on an 8 GB card, the card will now effectively be 4 GB, so you can't easily "move up" a card without special tools.

I'm fairly certain you can't "move down" a size - even if that space isn't currently utilized on your card (i.e., even if you have 4 GB free, I don't think you can go from an 8 GB to a 4 GB).

I could be wrong, though.
You are probably correct and I should just get another 8gb card. Maybe get a class 2 or 4 to save a bit.
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote