Thread: Two page view?
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 02:07 PM   #4
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I asked for implementing such a feature for epub to Booxtor.
If someone else is interested and want to endorse the request... :-)
For EPUB? Two column view is a feature of FBReader. I also published a customized version years ago in this forum that would give two columns view in portrait mode also (newspaper like). That version was first of all needed because the Onyx firmware already contained an FBReader instance, and you cannot install two - so I provided one which changed the package name. One note: the recent versions of FBReader do not render properly on the Onyx products - they go white on white. At that time, I published two quickly patched recent ones blindly, then as I realized they had such fault I directly posted the one I did use, although with less formalisms, as it just worked. It was relabelled as FBReaderM, and it should be still posted somewhere (people found it and thanked me not long ago).

To post something again, I may tweak it a bit more and add full screen refresh through some clever tap, which would allow for using the app in full screen. But it would still be an old version of FBReader - unless I figure out why recent ones do not render properly (but I do not see any compelling reason to use the recent ones - the old ones worked just fine).
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote