View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 04:30 PM   #5
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
I am also surprised at the blurriness. I was expecting the possibility of slight pixelation of text, as the PPI is lower than my other devices (300PPI and 270-280 on my A5 Pro), but not the blurriness. It almost makes my eyes water reading for a long time.

It could be either the flush glass screen or the way fonts are rendered that in combination with the lower PPI leads to this effect.

The question then is if Note Air 2 is any better in this regard?

The thing is that low PPI in and of itself, as j.p.s. rightly points out, isn't a big obstacle for reading. I read on my Kindle 2 for years. It has horrible contrast and low PPI with clear pixels showing, but fantastic sharpness - no touch layer, no frontlight, no flush glass screen, etc.

I would prefer to buy an Android device, which would allow me to use all my dictionary software and sync my book collection seamlessly between my devices. But if the Note Air 2 screen is also bad, there'd be no point in getting it.
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote