View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 10:13 AM   #30
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by eBookNewbie123 View Post
I agree with the bold part. But nothing of this was taught at my University. They said we want this, go and do it, and here is the marking criteria.
Hm. That's not how my University worked at all.

Quote:
The CS degree one, I actually met, and I can verify did not know how to fix a PC. No idea why or how they're doing CS. The other was from someone I trust.
Not really what CS is. At least, that's not what CS was at my University.

Quote:
If networking is so important, what's the point of University?
I sound bitter....lol Would you be nice and happy, if you just finished 3 year degree, and came into a job market so overloaded with people who need a job that you cannot find one.
You didn't network while at University? That's what all my junior and senior year classes were. Sounds like you missed out on a good opportunity.

Quote:
University didn't teach me anything. Everything, I learned was self-taught. All University has been good for me is having a piece of paper which says "He did this degree" to an employer.
University doesn't prepare you for the job market at all.
Again, depending on your field of study, it's not necessarily going to prepare you to walk right into a job. It DOES teach you the fundamentals, and it does teach you how to learn and how to think/reason. These are very important skills in today's business world. In fact, I'd say these skills are much more important than just rote memorization.

What was it you were expecting to get out of University?

Last edited by queentess; 08-31-2010 at 10:16 AM.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote