View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 04:02 PM   #28
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
WillysJeepMan, you OWN a Surface, why would you want Office on your iPad?

Serious question as the bigger screen is probably better for Office anyway.
I can understand your confusion.

IF all of the things I need/want to do with a tablet could be done with the Surface then I wouldn't want Office on the iPad... I'd get rid of the iPad.

But there are still many apps/functions that I have on the iPad that are not available for the Surface... and when similar functionality exists, it is almost always inferior to the iOS versions.

On the other hand, the Surface 2 can do much more than is possible with the iPad. My ideal solution would be the Surface 2 hardware with the iOS app mix.

I use the iPad as a tablet that in a pinch can act like a netbook whereas the Suface 2 is a netbook (of sorts) that can act like a tablet.

We're a pretty hi-tech household. Depending upon what my day looks like will determine which device I grab as I'm going out the door. Having a highly functional common core of applications across operating systems and devices has great value to us... cuts down on frustration and rework.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote