View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 02:39 PM   #25
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
I use Microsoft Office regularly and already subscribe to Office 365 and so I tried Word for iPad. It was very disappointing. I immediately ran into limitations in even the most basic features.

It seems to display existing documents pretty well, except for fonts. You have a fairly large, but fixed, set of fonts to choose from and embedded fonts are not supported.

Just about every option that in word is customizable down to fractions of an inch/cm are reduced to selections from a limited set of choices. For example page sizes, margins, indents, line spacing, etc. You can use existing styles, but I didn't see any way to modify or create new ones. Just about every feature of Word beyond simple text editing is missing. And there is no way to print.

All in all it is much closer to being WordPad than Word.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote