View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 10:52 AM   #1
bonjurkes
Enthusiast
bonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kİndle Touch v5.3.2
Kindle touch update question

Hello all,

Sorry for newbie question first of all. So it's been a long time since I had a chance to use my kindle touch.

It has 5.1.2 on it with jbpatch 6/14 (v1.3.1) - says on the about device section. I remember that I installed jbpatch, some stuff for accessing device on ssh, removing ads and so on.

So like a naive user, I downloaded 5.3.2 update from amazon's website, and let it update it self. It took some time and boot up my device with "your device is updated" ebook inside. When I check the version info, it was still same 5.1.2. I tried again now and it gave 006 error.

So does jbpatch or other stuff prevents updating to latest version? Should I remove all or some of the hacks before trying to update? If yes then how?

Edit : I tried updating jailbreak to latest version before removing it, it required kindlet installed, tried to install it and got 007 error. Tried to update jailbreak to latest version before removing (to use installer) got 007 error again. Also trying to run (update_jailbreak_1.7.N_uninstall.bin) gives 007 error.

So it looks like I can't remove/update jailbreak nor jbpatch plus can't I am a bit stuck up in here

Last edited by bonjurkes; 02-09-2013 at 12:09 PM.
bonjurkes is offline   Reply With Quote