View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 03:37 PM   #1
moorspede
moorspede has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: none
Astak v5 pro problems, I apologise, this is long.

I bought an Atskak V5 Pro on-line at their site. After I'd charged it up and had a play with it, I was in love with the thing. I then put attached the the device to via the cable to my computer. Nothing happened. Huh. The cable seemed a little loose where it attached to the device's port. I grabbed another cable which I knew worked and tried that. It still didn't work. I tried it on my partner's machine (he has windows 7 I have xp service pack 3). By this time I started to try everything I could no matter how stupid it seemed. I tried varying methods of booting the device, switching the computer on then switching the device on, keeping the device on while switching on the computer, etc. I turned off my virus checker. Nothing worked.

I then emailed support and waited, several days later I emailed them again, and waited. Finally, I emailed Sales stating that I could not get through to Support and that I was worried that the time I may take to get a refund may expire. They answered immediately stating that they would forward my email to Refunds. I told refunds that I liked the device and I was sorry that I couldn't get through to Technical Support and incorporated my second email to support in the body of the email, she forwarded it on to technical support.

Technical support replied saying to try it on another machine, I replied that I had done this and it hadn't worked. I also stated that I would prefer an exchange.

She wrote back that she didn't understand why I'd want to exchange the device when it didn't work on my machines!

I'm assuming that the port was damaged somehow in the manufacturing process, or that it is some kind of other hardware error. While packing it back into its box to return it I realised that I could not get the chip out of the device without tugging it (it slipped in easily). It is located right next to the port.

I could take this further and ask for an exchange, I live in Australia so each time I post it I'm $US40 out of pocket. Does anyone have any ideas?
moorspede is offline   Reply With Quote