View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 01:57 AM   #2
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
She is without a doubt one of the very best. I would buy the lot. In fact I did, I think from Kobo India some time ago. The Omnibus seems to have a good selection but there are many excellent stories left out. Some of her best work is included, but I would not say that there is a clear quality divide between those in the omnibus and others. In particular, at a quick glance, you should not miss Mama Come Home, Painwise, "Faithful to Thee, Terra, in Our Fashion", Forever to a Hudson Bay Blanket, Time-Sharing Angel, A Source of Innocent Merriment and Out of the Everywhere. Some other stories I can't recall off the top of my head. But my advice is don't skimp on this author. She is one of my favourites, though of course our tastes may not be similar. She also wrote two novels, regrettably not as good as her short stories, and there was a very good biography of her life, which was quite a remarkable one which ended too soon with her suicide after the death of her husband.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote