View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 03:39 PM   #43
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by drofgnal View Post
I've seen it both as second and third. From a timeline perspective, Sashenka is prerevolution throught the revolution. Yes, she does become and adult later in the book. I don't remember the final time frame of the book, but Stalin was in charge at the end, so that puts in at least to the start of his reign. Red Sky at noon takes place in WWII. The protagonist is a man who had an affair with Sashenka in the first book. She doesn't appear and it can be read independently. He's in the Siberian work camps and applies to be in a division of criminals along the southern front as Hitler approaches Stalingrad. One nite in Winter is post WWII. Benya Golden, the central character from book Red Sky at Noon, now teaches literature in Moscow at the elite school all the top communists send their kids. (He's earned his forgiveness. It sure is alot about the kids, but I'm still not sure it fits the category.
I'm confused. I thought your concern was that my nomination wasn't the first book of the series. But now you think it doesn't fit the category even though it's about young people? I haven't read it; I'm going off the blurbs. But if the focus is children and teenagers, why doesn't it fit?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote