View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 12:12 PM   #110
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
See, I totally don't agree! As I said much earlier in this thread, I don't think that how she died really matters to what the book is about, but since we seem to be arguing about it anyway, rather than the core of the book, my 2p -- Claire always knew that she couldn't go back, and couldn't stay if found out. And always planned for her out. She said so, in so many words. And her out was, in this case, the window. She fell without a sound, knowing it was her escape from what she could not face. (And perhaps, in that, I've mistaken it -- the death is important, because it shows just how desperate Claire's situation was, as was any black woman of the time who was passing for white. All knew, and could never forget, just how irrecoverable it was.)
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote