View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 01:41 PM   #1
sepinho
sepinho began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kobo Glo HD, Onyx Boox Nova3
Screen frozen, can't turn off or reset, PC won't find device

First of all, let me thank you guys (and gals, I suppose) for maintaining the web's finest information source for all things e-booky. I've actually been lurking on this forum and the wiki for a while. As a matter of fact, I bought my PRS-300 on my last trip to the US (I'm German) after reading up on it in the wiki.

I've really enjoyed it thus far, but today, while reading a PDF, the device seems to have crashed hard: The screen is frozen, showing the last page I was reading. The reset button and the power button don't seem to do anything and Windows won't even find the device when I connect it via USB. The red light is on while plugged in though, indicating that the device is charging.

I've tried the reset-then-turn-on and the reset-then-turn-on-twice tricks that I've read about in threads about the PRS-700, neither seems to work. Unfortunately, I don't have either wall charger or a PSP charger, so I guess I'm out of luck. Any more suggestions?

I would hate to have to send it back to the States to have it repaired. The PRS-300 isn't even sold in Germany.
sepinho is offline   Reply With Quote