View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 09:39 AM   #15
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnights View Post
I have Kobo Clara HD with the latest Kobopatch Firmware installed.

I wish to change the font and font size in the dictionary but simply do not understand how or where exactly to enter this information in that section.

I wish to double size the font and default font to Kobo UD Kakugo,
From your post it's not clear what you've done so far. In outline you need to:
  1. Open the libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml file in your text editor of choice.
  2. Find and Enable the patch named Dictionary text font-family/font-size/line-height
  3. Read the patch's fairly lengthy Description which contains background info. When you get to the 'Kobo defaults' your ClaraHD uses the same values as the GloHD listed.
  4. Move down to the 'Stage 2' section of the patch and read the Help Notes. This is where you can apply your customisations for font-size/font-family/line-height.
    • Change font-size: find the line which allows you to specify your own font-size. You'll need to un-comment it, i.e. remove the hash (#) character from the beginning. Change the red "32px" to whatever value you want
      Code:
        # Un-comment and edit next line to change font-size
        - ReplaceString: {Offset: 16, Find: "%1px", Replace: "32px", MustMatchLength: yes}
    • Change font-family: un-comment one of the included examples to replace the default Georgia with 'KBJ-UDKakugo Pr6N M'. (note the single quotes around the name because the new font-family contains spaces). Make sure your Find and Replace strings are exactly the same length.
      Code:
        - ReplaceString: {Offset: 54, Find: "Georgia              ", Replace: "'KBJ-UDKakugo Pr6N M'", MustMatchLength: yes}

If you still can't figure it out you'll need to provide a lot more details about what you've tried and any error messages you saw.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote