View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 02:38 PM   #99
pazos
cosiņeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post
As I also wrote on GitHub:
"My main problem is that I know close to nothing about Linux and its distribution system.
To create the Linux version of the app I use XUbuntu in a virtual machine and that's the extend of my knowledge.
OTOH, if someone could use the source to create the package and maintain it, I would really appreciate it..."
The app is pretty neat!

Some of their libraries are a bit old (pyside/qt4) which makes packaging the program a bit of a mess and results in a big package, which is usually cool for windows users, as most of their packages include yet another bundled copy of a library available elsewhere, but a PITA to package elsewhere.

it would be awesome to port the code to Qt5.7 (the last one that runs on XP), that way the app could be targeted for any kind of OS without too much trouble.

Yep, I know, too much work.
Feel free to ping me if you consider it some day, I would like to help
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote