View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 06:58 PM   #2
tehashi
tehashi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Ebook Reader PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cirocco View Post
Hello,
I have just recently purchased Sony Reader and I am trying to convert some novels in Book Designer (05/30/07 update).
I am confused about what is included in TOC (I mean "Table of Contents" in book menu on the reader). To test it I created a simple test case (in bd format) with few titles with subtitles, and some of the subtitles are included in TOC and some are not included...
Can I somehow fully control what is included in TOC in reader?

Well in my experiance making TOC's can be infuriating (like in trying to get the file you included to work ), yet doable.
The biggest thing to make sure of is that the lines you want as a title are marked as such. I have had several books where the 'title' was bolded and centered so i thought it was correct but once centered i found it was not formatted as a title. So make sure each of them says 'title' in the bottom right of BD when selected.
Sometimes if you still have trouble i recommend removing all the formatting of the text and area around it and starting over. Remove extra returns or spaces and such, and also make sure that the text above or below is not including the title in its formatting. When you double click on what you want as a title if it selects too much extra stuff then definitely delete unwanted pieces and try again.
When i tried you sample file all i was able to get (even after messing with it) is 'title 1' in the TOC. I am not sure why, maybe ack of text or something but i am not sure. I do know that i usually leave the default setting for TOC in the Make Sony Reader File dialog box, so you may want to make sure that has not been changed too much. (mine is set with TOC checked and set to short, fyi)

I know what i said is pretty basic but i hope i helped a little, if not then someone with more experience than i might post soon.
tehashi is offline   Reply With Quote