View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 07:37 PM   #16
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
I've read many of Cormac McCarthy's books. I appreciated most of them. But not for his unconventional punctuation. It adds nothing, IMO, and distracted me greatly.

I feel similarly about excessive use of regional dialect. It is sufficient to sprinkle a few words here and there to convey the flavor of the dialect. Most egregious example? Feersum Endjinn, by Iain M. Banks (RIP, and otherwise one of my favorite authors).
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote