View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 02:48 PM   #1705
jeromecarney
jeromecarney began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
Hi crashnburn. I'm not sure I'm following. In GoodReader, you select text then tap the highlight button. This is exactly the same in Marvin - select the text and tap the highlight button in the menu.
Last year I strayed into Android land for about 3 months .... and the one thing I truly miss, now that I'm back on planet iOS, is the ability to define a "default action" (highlight, define, copy) that was available in CoolReader (I think it was CoolReader — could have been Moon Reader).

Most of the time, while I've in Marvin, I'm there with a single intent in mind: it's usually to take advantage of the amazing URL scheme support which makes dictionary lookups for foreign-language books a two-step snap. But other times I'm reviewing texts for work, so I'm there to make highlights, and other times I'm there to pick up quotes for research, so I'm on the prowl for good text to copy.

So yes, the two-step snap (select text, choose action) that Marvin features is by far the loveliest implementation of the feature to be found on planet iOS ... but IMHO Marvin would pass from lovely to jaw-drop stunning if it offered one-step snap: select text and boom! you're there where you want to be. It may seem a small thing, but when you literally look up scores and scores of words each day (thank you, infinite complexities of the German language), this is the feature that makes my mind drift back continually, longingly, to Android.

Is assigning a default action for selected text a possibility for Marvin, or would implementing this feature be disallowed by iOS?