View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 05:54 PM   #1
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1 (Black), PRS-T3S (Black), Kobo Aura ONE
Formatting ePubs

I am working on a project for moving a large document to an electronic medium for reading purposes. I started with iSilo on a Palm and was getting pretty good results but the document was so large and the Palm was so small I got tired of the conversion process.

I have since gotten a Sony Reader and with the advent of ePub capabilities have been drawn back to this project to try and produce an ePub version. I basically have html which needs a lot of formatting. I am working on a chapter at a time.

The results so far are pretty good but I can't seem to get page breaks where I want them. I would like the top of the page to start right after the break. I am using the following statement:

<br clear="all" style='page-break-before:always' />

Should I add the style to my Chapter title? How do I add multiple styles since the chapter title is already style='text-align:center'? span tag?

Sorry for the newbie html questions but this is annoying.
dynabook is offline   Reply With Quote