View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 08:00 PM   #158
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
Yes, I know and I did think about that aspect. Calibre itself doesn't provide or condone the use of such tools.
Nonetheless, the closure of this store is a prime example why one *should* download any digital purchase and strip DRM ASAP.

Outright refusing to buy any stuff that has DRM on it would be even better, but in my case at least, that is not possible, or I would need to forego a lot of books that I really do want to read.

If I couldn't strip DRM within 2 seconds (or in this case, while importing into Calibre), then I'd definitely not buy such books. In that case I'd rather buy them on paper, or not at all, however much I want to read them.

I wonder what "exciting new approach" they'll be thinking of. What other approach besides "We offer this, you pay, you get it" works? Streaming ebooks, to be used on always-on devices only? No way. Not for me.

Last edited by Katsunami; 07-16-2013 at 09:24 AM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote