View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 06:05 AM   #15
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Willem, please consider using a stylesheet. It makes your life easier, also for other layout stuff. An internal stylesheet must be repeated for each file. Don't forget, the html file must not be larger than 300 kb. Otherwise it will nor load or work very slowly on readers. In general each chapter has his own file. That makes having an external stylesheet very handy.
I agree 100%. You can get a stylesheet by downloading one of the many fine ebooks from the MR library, check to see how you like the way it lays out and then just right click on the stylesheet under Styles and save as. Then you can add it to any book you are working on. You can add your hidden style to it, save it, then you can just add it to any book you are working on.

I worked on a book that had many pictures. At first, I thought that italics looked good for the captions. But after a while, I didn't like them so much. Because I had used a stylesheet, I got rid of the reference to italics in the stylesheet for my capt style and instantly, all of my captions were normal type. Same thing goes for type size, indent or no indent, all changed at once if you use a stylesheet.

Clips make it easy to add a style. If I want to make a caption, I just right click inside a <p> and use a clip that inserts class="capt" and there it is. You can use clips to add anything you want.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote