Thread: Touch Cover image frustrations
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 08:01 AM   #1
scoobertron
Connoisseur
scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo touch
Cover image frustrations

Apologies, as this is a bit more of a rant than a question, though there is a question at the end.

I use my kobo purely for reading epubs, and have been a bit frustrated by the bug whereby any the cover image for the book is squeezed horizontally and has two white margins added to it. I even tried stretching the covers horizontally in the epub so that when they get squeezed they should revert to normal, but that didn't work.

In the end, I wrote a script that generated covers for each book, and replaced them in the kobo image directory so the kobo wouldn't generate new covers and just use the ones I created. All was well, until my library grew to around 3000 books. Now, when I create all the files that are needed (4 for each book, I believe), the device runs out of inodes. This means that I am back with ugly squeezed covers, despite the fact that my library is under 1GB (with both books and covers).

Is there another fix for this that I am not recognising? For example, is it possible to reformat the kobo drive to ext3 so I can hardlink all the cover files to one image, thus saving inodes? Or does anyone know if this is even on kobo's radar to fix.
scoobertron is offline   Reply With Quote