View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 06:09 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by praky View Post
I know that my original directory structure in calibre isn't preserved. But this is very inconvenient.
Since this is calibre's database it can't be inconvenient it just is. This area is off limits to users.

Quote:
There might be the case that sorting books according to author is good and will take some time to get used to. But still there should be a choice for a user to decide himself.
You have complete freedom of choice. You can sort your books within the calibre library GUI view 9 ways from Sunday. Also the user can decide exactly how they would like to export their books. The Save to disk feature gives you complete flexibility to create whatever folder / file name structure you want outside of calibre's database.

Quote:
You need to understand me here, calibre kicks ass but what if i decide to switch to some other software in the future , then i wont like the calibre's directory structure to drive to my ebook.
Calibre gives the user total control on how to export the books, Go crazy.

Quote:
Suppose i have some matlab books, i would rather like them in a matlab folder not sorted according to author.
Calibre is a program that doesn't care how you want to sort your books in your world but within the confines of the calibre database / folder structure it will sort them in a way consistent with its needs. This file structure is the cost of doing business, it might be best if you just don't look under the hood. Nothing to see here, please move along.

Quote:
How can sent this message to developer?
The developer is aware of folks not being able to deal with seeing the inner workings of calibre. The best advice I can give you is don't look.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-19-2011 at 06:12 AM.