View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 03:26 PM   #11
devilsadvocate
Complicated Warlock
devilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role model

Device: HP Mini 1101, Droid X rooted, GTab rooted/VEGAnTAB Ginger Edition/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
I think it was K-Mart’s fault that they rushed to market. When they released (lost control of) that flyer, Augen really didn’t have much choice than to ship a less than mature product. To their credit, it looks like they’re working double shifts to address the problems. The next few weeks will tell.

It’s a real shame that sometimes too much success can kill a small company.
That could very well be, but the issue goes deeper than that if my experience at this store is any indication. Granted we're not in a booming metropolis (the town in which this store is located is good for maybe ~18,000 population), but the girl at the customer service counter (who was as helpful & friendly as possible) mentioned that she was planning on getting one with her next paycheck and was grateful for what I'd told her about it. Shouldn't retailers know something about what they're selling? Realistically, if KMart said "ship or die", Wally-World or Target could have gotten a fire-sale deal on a more mature product.

Also, AndroidSpin is saying there was a "problem with the manufacturer" and that the whole train was ground to a halt until September. Whoever has a raincheck might well be getting something that was already returned once. Last I heard, KMart doesn't have the pull in retail anymore to do this kind of stuff.
devilsadvocate is offline   Reply With Quote