View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 12:16 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
I think he might be talking about the default output profile which is 1200 x 1600. Though I do remember using the tweak to change the default size for covers cant recall if was to increase or decrease though.
No, he's talking about the cover size. It came out of a discussion in the Kobo forum as someone found the cover images generated by the KoboTouch driver were not as good as those generated by the device. When I looked, I found the same thing, but it turned out that the maximum the cover size tweak was set to a value suitable for the older devices, but a lot smaller than the Aura ONE uses. When I reset the tweak, the driver generated covers were upped in size and displayed as well as the device generated covers. The person who reported the problem found that this was the case for them as well.

I think JSWolf is assuming we didn't deliberately set the tweak and that it was set to whatever was the current value in calibre at the time we installed calibre. I don't know if this is the case or not. For me, it was set to 1200x1600 instead of 1650x2200. I know I have looked at the value as I remember thinking that was an OK value for the devices I had at the time. But I don't know if I set it to 1200x1600 or accepted the default and the default hasn't been updated in my profile since. I can look at the history of tweaks.py in git, and see that it was 1200x1600 until about four years ago, which is after I started using calibre.

So, there is a tweaks.py in my profile. This contains the available tweaks. What JSWolf is asking is what happens when the defaults for the tweaks are changed. Do they get updated in the tweaks.py in the profile. Or do I have to open the tweaks page of the preference and reset them one at a time to get the current value. And how do new tweaks get added?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote