View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 03:23 AM   #1
rbruce1314
Groupie
rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Xgody tablet, LG G3 (Android), moon+reader
Embedded font problem

Recently I downloaded an epub book and found a myriad of fonts in the various classes in the stylesheet. Normally I deal with this by changing them to "Arial" (my favorite obviously!) and that solves it.

For this book I had to change seven fonts, which were all that were showing in the twenty-nine categories. BUT, on going back to book view, nothing else had changed at all (in the twenty-two classes without specific font families being listed)!!. In the past I have looked for (and usually found....) 'inherit' which has been clogging things up but there was no sign of 'inherit' here.

I even tried (after changing the seven fonts) using Calibre to convert epub to epub: that too has worked in the past. This time - no joy!!

My only workaround has been to manually enter ' font-family: "Arial"; ' in EACH of the twentynine classes . . . .

Any ideas where the embedded fonts might be hiding?? I think I've looked everywhere.
rbruce1314 is offline   Reply With Quote