View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 09:00 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Ooh, shiny!

A couple of quick 2AM comments:

1/ KUAL actions: the root fs is ro by default, and unless I completely forgot about a symlink, the upstart jobs live in /etc/upstart, not /etc/init
2/ You'll probably want to default to the correct filename (beware: depends on the target device) for the screensaver, or trigger a re-parse from the screensavers hack, because it won't do anything with a file named 'onlinescreensaver.png' without further action [So, in the event of a second sleep session before the next update, you'd get a completely different screensaver, the only thing making it 'work' the first time is eips].

(That of course gets a bit more complex if the SS hack is in cover mode, but I think we're agreed that the two should be mutually exclusive anyway.)

All of that applies to FW 5.x devices, since:

1/ Before that, they used SySV init, not upstart
2/ And they didn't really care about the screensaver filenames

(Also, there's a leftover log in bin/stdout in your archive ;p).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 03-18-2014 at 09:07 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote