View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 05:13 PM   #16
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Adam Hall was the first name that came to my mind because I enjoyed The Quiller Memorandum so much.

I've never read anything of Eric Ambler's, but I have always gotten the impression that he had the best reputation of writers of the genre.

I enjoy very much John Gardner's Boysie Oakes books, such as The Liquidator. I might call them a guilty pleasure because they aren't that great but I enjoy them anyway.

I most strongly recommend Martin Waddell's Otley Victorious, which was the most enjoyable book I have ever read. Otley was a series of books, the first of which (just called Otley) wasn't nearly as good. I'd like to read the others.

Len Deighton was mentioned above. I don't think I have ever read anything of his, but I have been meaning to one day read one or more of his Harry Palmer books such as The Ipcress File.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote