View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 03:00 PM   #1
Guyverix
Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch, Kindle App
Calibre Companion on Kindle Fire fails.

I submitted a bug on this issue that was closed as invalid. So I would like to ask for assistance here, since I am still having trouble.

I am using the Companion to connect to Calibre over wireless. It connects and identifies itself as a "blaze" device. It was suggested in the bug report https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1820766
To right click on the device icon and set it. However this is not working for me. I believe I have found the problem, but am unsure how to proceed from here.

The device_drivers_SMART_DEVICE_APP.py appears to be what this controlling the device. I cannot edit this to say only use mobi,azw3, etc. I also cannot control where it sends the books on my device.

I tried to disable this plugin, and then the wireless system does not work at all. I am guessing that this is the controller for it, but do not know what I can do to alter the behaviour on formats or destination directories.

The Miscellaneous debugger gives no output when I try to debug the device connection or the get information to setup the user defined device. Both are empty outputs.

I am running:
Calibre version: 3.40.1
States: Connected Wireless Device: blaze
Device: Kindle Fire

Any suggestions on what I can do next would be appreciated.
Guyverix is offline   Reply With Quote