View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 03:17 PM   #18
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Tab A (2017), Likebook P78
You know, my review was on the short side... this read was not nearly as difficult as TTM, but I still had some difficulties with it, and to tell the truth, I really could n't put my finger on why.

Yes, the lack of embedded footnotes was part of it, which I mentioned, and I did spend a lot of the book wondering why such emphasis was placed on mister Barss.

After reading your responses, I understand that I should have done as I did with TTM and continued a running dialogue as I read, which is not always practical, nor even possible sometimes.

At any rate, I did look for Shattered City by Janet Kitz, now that I am aware of it. It is not available in e-form at my library, and considering it costs $55 at Amazon in hardcover, I can see why. Though I do see Kobo has it or under $10...
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote