View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 01:08 PM   #17
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Oh, I don't take it personally. For one thing, I hadn't read it before I nominated it. (Something that is contrary to what I usually recommend and do, I admit.) For another, I've been in this club from the beginning, and I've noticed that book opinions and preferences vary WIDELY across the members. People approach each book from a different place, and while I might agree with someone's assessment on book A, we can equally disagree completely on book B. That's what makes for a discussion, after all.

One of the things I found interesting is that the engineers and scientists developing the atomic bomb used the Halifax explosion as a model to help them understand exactly how a truly massive and virtually instantaneous explosion behaves and affects the area where it happens. Now I'm not at all sure that's a recommendation, but it's certainly a comment on just how unprecedentedly powerful this explosion was.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote