View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 08:38 PM   #15
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
Not sure its wise omitting BT. That reduces connectivity. Can connwct a BT keyboard on an Onyx. Just saying...

Almost certainly vapourware anyway. Hope Im wrong.
Given that they seem to be demonstrating a functioning device, I'm not inclined to think it will be a case of vaporware. I imagine that backers will likely get a device.

Whether that device lives up to their expectations or not, and just when they might receive said device, is another matter altogether.

My guess is that the device will drastically underwhelm. From the videos which they've posted, I suspect that the web browsing capabilities will not be much different from what I can already do on my Kobo Aura. I also wonder why they are shying away from showing how quickly their device opens and navigates heavy technical pdfs. Could it be because it is not a particularly pleasant experience?

I find it very curious to look at the questions which they choose to answer on their website and the indiegoggo page and the questions which they actively choose to ignore. That and the sudden lack of videos (it's been about a week now since they solicited more questions and promised more videos) suggest that it will be a less than stellar device.

Would love to be proven wrong. However, they don't seem to be doing much to convince fence sitters such as myself that this a product that will meet their needs.

My biggest hope is that Kobo or somebody else will take notice of the demand for such a device and put out one truly worthy of the price tag.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote