View Single Post
Old 03-27-2016, 10:53 PM   #12
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I hope folks get what they pay for, but am not so sure the support after the fact is going to be there.
Completely agree. Which is one of the reasons why I haven't opted to support the campaign despite being very interested in a 13.3 inch android based device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I don't know that it shows considerable demand at this point. 59 devices pledged (as of checking right now) is not what I'd call high demand or qualify as orders flowing in.
I think it is actually more like 63 because it seems that 4 people from the previous failed campaign have upgraded. I'm guessing that's who the backers who have pledged $460 are. Otherwise it's an extremely generous and altruistic donation.

That said, whether it is 59 or 63, it is not a huge number as you rightly point out. However, consider the price, the mediocre specs, the videos which raise more questions than they answer, the timeline (about a week), and the very questionable reputation of the source...

It really suggests that there is a legitimate market out for such a device. Can you imagine how much greater the response would be if such a device with better specs, and a slightly lower price were being offered by a reputable source? I'd immediately place an order for several. One for myself, one for the wife and one for a relative with deteriorating vision.

I think there is a substantial demand for a dependable device at a reasonable price that can read more than just pdf files. I'm hoping that bigger players will take notice and make it happen.

I have little faith in the device on offer although I would like to be proven otherwise.

Last edited by Question Mark; 03-27-2016 at 10:55 PM.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote