View Single Post
Old 03-27-2016, 10:00 PM   #11
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
However, although I still have some personal reservations about it based on what I have seen from their videos, I wish them and their backers well. I certainly hope that the backers receive functional units come September. I will be very interested to hear what the final products are like and if they live up to expectations/promises.
I hope folks get what they pay for, but am not so sure the support after the fact is going to be there.

Quote:
What the campaign does show is that their is a considerable demand for such a device. The orders are still flowing in and I expect that they will continue to do so now that the target for the campaign has been reached. The fact that so many people have committed such a large sum of money so quickly for a device with mediocre specs from a campaigner with a questionable reputation really shows how anxious people are to obtain such an ereader. Imagine what the demand would be like with better specs, a slightly lower price and from a reliable source which could offer after care service... I hope Kobo and Sony are taking notice,
I don't know that it shows considerable demand at this point. 59 devices pledged (as of checking right now) is not what I'd call high demand or qualify as orders flowing in.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote