View Single Post
Old 03-27-2016, 05:33 PM   #10
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
This is not an ultimate Reader as BadEReader already failed pushing their ultimate Reader and since this isn't it, it has to be lesser than ultimate.
I don't believe they're calling this one the "ultimate" ereader. Certainly, I don't think anyone looking at the specs would consider it anywhere near "ultimate". "Functional" might be a more appropriate adjective to use.

However, although I still have some personal reservations about it based on what I have seen from their videos, I wish them and their backers well. I certainly hope that the backers receive functional units come September. I will be very interested to hear what the final products are like and if they live up to expectations/promises.

What the campaign does show is that their is a considerable demand for such a device. The orders are still flowing in and I expect that they will continue to do so now that the target for the campaign has been reached. The fact that so many people have committed such a large sum of money so quickly for a device with mediocre specs from a campaigner with a questionable reputation really shows how anxious people are to obtain such an ereader. Imagine what the demand would be like with better specs, a slightly lower price and from a reliable source which could offer after care service... I hope Kobo and Sony are taking notice,
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote