View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 01:12 AM   #1
yuchao
yuchao is a glorious beacon of lightyuchao is a glorious beacon of lightyuchao is a glorious beacon of lightyuchao is a glorious beacon of lightyuchao is a glorious beacon of lightyuchao is a glorious beacon of lightyuchao is a glorious beacon of lightyuchao is a glorious beacon of lightyuchao is a glorious beacon of lightyuchao is a glorious beacon of lightyuchao is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kobo glo
my kobo keeps crashing

I just recieved my glo yesterday, and i wanted to read mibi books in Chinese, so i put some .ttf files into the \fonts folder in the device. Then i copy some Chinese books and start to read, but it turns out nothing goes right.

This glo starts to crash like every one or two minite, it seems to be right only if i dont read books with Chinese fonts. Finally, it is frozen and stuck in the welcome screen, I tried alot of method to get it back, but it every time i reset it, it would stuck in the screen with five little squres. Then I tried charging it with my phone recharger, some how it come to life( I still dont know why.)

After that I didnt try to open any book, i turned to factory reset. I setup and update the firmware to version 3.0.1, and i hope that would help. I put one Chinese font and two Chinese books in, but it still keeps crashing, sometimes when i tap the home button or when i set the front light or font size.

Then i delete all books in Chinese, only to try some English books, and everything is fine now, no crashings, no stuckings, no resettings. But I really want the Chinese fonts and Chinese books...
Can anyone give some help here?
yuchao is offline   Reply With Quote