View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 04:43 PM   #11
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
The genres publishers use are marketing categories, and seem to have no real connection to subjet matter. In short, it's a recommendation to retailers on how to shelve books, based on what stuff people will buy if they see it next to something else they want to buy. That's why science fiction and fantasy get shelved together - the book stores feel there's a lot of crossover in the markets.

The only categories you'll find are consistent are your own, and generally, those will be limited to "stuff I like," "stuff I don't like," and "stuff I'd like to use to start a fire."
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote