View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 08:08 AM   #28
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollercoaster View Post
It works great! Tested with various settings and about 110 articles.

Changed oldest_article = 365 and max_articles_per_feed = 250. Also, replaced broadcast feed with reading-list feed. reading-list is the one that contains articles not in other feeds i.e uncategorized.

Also I think we should remove the uber version and just update the 'Google reader' recipe.

Updated recipe: See first post.
First a big two thumbs up for getting this working.

Now the reason the two recipes should not be combined.

The reason I used the Googlereader and not Googlereaderuber is because Googlereader recipe doesn't have the reading list. Read this post for details. The bottom line is because I have my subscriptions in folders this recipe (first post) now downloads all my articles twice and I end up with a book that has about twice as many pages as a result.

Update: The attached images are the exact same articles downloaded today with the two different recipes. Even though the second has about 33% more pages the actual size wasn't much larger (7.9M vs 8.5M) so I guess I'm not locked into having two recipes.

One recipe could be fine but if someone thinks they will be able to easily navigate through the mess that is the Reading List with "uncategorized" articles and all of the rest of the "categorized articles"... well it is practically useless.

Of course until they learn how to place their feeds in folders at least they will be reaching their goal of grabbing articles using Google Reader.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Googlereader_without_reading_list.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	55114   Click image for larger version

Name:	Googlereader_with_reading_list.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	55115  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 07-13-2010 at 08:47 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote