View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 11:42 AM   #63
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Touch, Paperwhite, Sony, and Nook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
It actually was correct, but since this thread started and since that article came out MS changed their license. Whether it would have held water in Australia I can not say, but it was perfectly legal here in US. Either way, this is an old thread and MS already reversed positions on it.

EDIT: here

and

Now you can be caught up to old news.
Yes sure. As I did this before the dates mentioned and as Microsoft themselves have never made this claim I still say beat-up.

When asked whether a license could be transferred to another machine if the original rig was destroyed, lost or stolen, Microsoft replied with a frosty, "No comment."

This is NOT a statement supporting the beat-up from Microsoft. Is it?
It is a magazine playing silly buggers.

Microsoft has never refused to transfer the licence - regardless of the number of "blogs" claiming that they will, might, or would. If you want to know about Microsoft policy look to Microsoft, not people blogging about Microsoft, or magazines who source their "data" from such bloggers.
DarkScribe is offline   Reply With Quote