View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 02:50 AM   #6
Darqref
space cadet
Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket PRO, gen3, Pocketbook360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dove View Post
The book I have been trying to get off is a version of "John Adams," by David McCullough. I don't remember what website I bought it from and can't download it again. I thought I had backed it up on my PC but can't find it. So, the version on the Rocket is the only one I have.

Thanks for any suggestions.
That one might be easier. Look at the book in your Rocket, and examine all the copyright pages. I'd bet there are references in that to the electronic typesetter, which is different than the publisher. For example, Fictionwise also distributes books for several other smaller electronic sources. Each one I've looked at has both a Fictionwise tag AND a reference to the electronic source that packaged it up, e.g. all the Ed Howdershelt books I've gotten are from Fictionwise, but they have references to Abintra Press, which is the source that typeset the electronic edition.

This might at least tell you where you *might* have gotten it from.

Hmm, just did a search on Fictionwise, and that book is available in encrypted versions only( and at hardback prices too - ugh). As far as I know, there are no longer any commercial sources of Rocket encrypted works - I bought one or two through Powell's Books and some others from Embiid, (Powell's no longer offers Rocket, and Embiid is no longer in business.) (which is one reason I stopped buying any!)
Darqref is offline   Reply With Quote