View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 01:25 PM   #14
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
The club price at Fictionwise is often a little lower, granted. However, they often don't have excerpts or, if they do, they are quite short. If we take Blood Noir as an example, it doesn't have any sort of free sample. Usually the sample at Amazon is a full chapter or more. If I like the first chapter, I typically enjoy the rest of the book. If I'm saving $0.28 but giving up the long samples, one clunker eats up about 35 books worth of savings. In my book buying experience before the Kindle, I ended up not liking at least 10% of the books I bought well enough to finish them. I'd read a little standing in the store, maybe the first few pages, but often that's not enough. I haven't had that happen yet with any of the books I've bought from Amazon. I've read plenty of samples and not purchased the book, though. To me, that's some serious money saved.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote