Thread: PRS-650 PRS+ Change Font Size?
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 11:49 AM   #8
tommystery
tommystery began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi guys,

First off, thank you for the overwhelming number of responses. I have been lurking on this community while deciding to purchase an ereader for over a year. I haven't posted much because I've mostly been reading comparison and reviews of what other people were saying. Since I still had a fairly large collection of unread trade paperbacks I wanted to get through those before I got an eink device.

I actually had a hunch yesterday that there might be a conflicting css in the epub so I exploded one epub and removed the stylesheet. It still didn't seem to work. I'm glad that Jackie left the test file because I was able to test further and still see that my css wasn't working.

Adding body.calibre, etc... made the test file work; and it does in fact change the font size for all of the font sizes (not only S or M as I had read elsewhere). I should probably add calibre, tx1, tx, indent, noindent to my css definition as well...

In the spirit of helping other who might stumble upon this thread, here is my final, general css file:

Quote:
@page {
margin-bottom: 0pt;
margin-left: 1pt;
margin-right: 1pt;
margin-top: 6pt;
}

@font-face {
font-family: "NimbusMod";
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;
src: url(res:///Data/fonts/NimbusMod.ttf);
}

@font-face {
font-weight: normal;
font-style: italic;
src: url(res:///Data/fonts/NimbusMod_I.ttf);
}
@font-face {
font-weight: bold;
font-style: normal;
src: url(res:///Data/fonts/Aldine721BoldBT.ttf);
}

@font-face {
font-weight: bold;
font-style: italic;
src: url(res:///Data/fonts/timesbi.ttf);
}

body, body.calibre, body.calibre1, body.calibre2, body.calibre3, body.tx, body.tx1, body.indent, body.noindent {
text-align: justify;
font-family: NimbusMod, "Times New Roman", Verdana, Arial;
font-size: 0.85em;
line-height: 1em;
}
Let me know if there's any way I can improve it.
tommystery is offline   Reply With Quote