View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 06:47 PM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
For example, one person admitted that they'd changed the word 'gay' to 'light-hearted' in order to convey the intended meaning, thereby insulting the reader's intelligence. This book was uploaded to the MR library.
You say "admitted" as though it were some sort of crime. Editors change books all the time, and they are perfectly free to do so, without having to explain those choices to anybody. It doesn't matter whether or not anyone else likes it, or whether or not anyone else agrees with the choices they've made: it is their choice to make, and theirs alone, just as you are free to make whatever decisions you wish in the books you create.

I would be strongly opposed to any attempt to dictate terms to the people who VOLUNTARILY give their time and effort to contribute books to our library. If anyone doesn't like my books, they don't have to read them, but I'm certainly not going to let anyone tell me what I should or should not do with the ebooks that I create.

Last edited by HarryT; 07-22-2014 at 06:59 PM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote