View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 12:51 AM   #6
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by armanleftarm View Post
only when you are outdoors, then?
I do not only work at daytime, and I do not only use software that works well on EPD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armanleftarm View Post
I think I have a slight advantage in using it as my SOLE monitor (in/outdoors) because my linux user profile would be set up specifically for (and only for) the boox max 2. Therefore I may not come to realize the resolution problems others are explaining.

My needs are minimal: i3 wm, vim, LaTeX, browser.. I think I'll be fine with modifying xprofile, vimrc, terminal config, etc
In fact, a user using more display technologies would create more users (profiles), I guess. I did.

The resolution problem: I am not sure what you are referring to, but if it is what I wrote: if the tablet is 2200x1650, and the source 2104x1560, the rendering can't be crisp, right? Enlargement does not do a Lanczois or similar on-the-fly! That is independent from how you set your profile. EPD is meant to be optimal for the eyes: if you dampen the screen contents...
You can probably set a 1:1 resolution match with remote desktop technologies.

Anyway, it would be nice if you tried the experience (which also means attempting achieving optimal configuration), and reported.

Last edited by mdp; 08-31-2018 at 01:20 AM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote